Thursday 2 February 2012

My Manicures: October 2011

My first manicure in October was the week of my birthday using my new OPI "Ski Teal We Drop", a beautiful teal that I decided to try stamping on.  It didn't work out too well so I only did an accent nail:




On my birthday itself I changed my nails to a dark red from China Glaze called "City Siren" which I thought would look great on my nails but is a bit too brown toned for me to love it.  I decided to go dotty for my birthday! I loved this dotty effect so much that I wore it for two weeks, I must do it again:




I also got myself a birthday present of six of the muppets collection: Designer de Better, Pepe's Purple Passion, Divine Swine, Gettin' Miss Piggy With It, Wokka Wokka and Meep-Meep-Meep. Ahhhhh, I love the muppets! I didn't get my favourite muppet Kermy's polish but am thinking it might be on the hit list!






After my China Glaze, I had to change it up with a Zoya.  "Envy" this time and somehow it ended up looking like a Xmas manicure:




I had become a devotee of Seche Vite by this time but on this manicure it seemed to cause some shrinkage.


One Saturday afternoon, I invited my half sister over for a pamper party with some friends to do nails and make up with my friend Victoria. She ended up only bringing one friend with her and in the end, I am quite glad! (I'd forgotten what "interesting" conversation you can have with a gaggle of girls aged 12!)  My sister also joined us and despite her disdain for nail art, she let me do a subtle neutral design on her:










The patchwork design looked so nice and a great way to use my more of my growing polish collection so I treated myself to one in Zoya "Sooki", China Glaze "2030" and Color Club "Where's the Soiree?" (it kills me to write "color" like that with my pedantic pants nickname but I guess it is an American company, sigh...)




I ended October with a manicure I didn't like too much as it was a poor effort.  It was my attempt at cherry blossoms but I think my branches were too thick due to using the wrong brush.  I did like them overall so I shall try to recreate it sometime.  I did my cherry blossoms on Orly "Ancient Jade":



2 comments:

  1. I like all of your manis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandra, for your appreciation and being my first comment ever! x

    ReplyDelete