Saturday 4 February 2012

Black Lace

Polishing late at night for no reason other than it's a weekend and because I can :)  We're watching "The Wrestler" while I finish catching my blog up to the present day.


Today I have tried out a polish from the new Zoya Feel collection, "Avery".  I bought the whole Feel collection after seeing them on a few notable bloggers swatch posts (thanks Scrangie, Vampy Varnish and The Polishaholic) and liking most of the colours.  However I think Avery is a tad too yellow for my liking and I should have used my Nubar "Classic Camel" as a nude base instead.  Next time!


I saw this design on a blog but it turned out to be a nail sticker which I thought I could recreate freehand.  I've not recreated it faithfully but the general idea was a circular diagonal french with dotty trim that looked like it was lace.  I hope you like it!




xxx


Update: daylight viewing:




xxx

9 comments:

  1. I love this! It has such a girly vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girls! For some reason clicking "reply" above does nothing so a new comment will have to do! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so perfect! Love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you :) I was actually trying to recreate this look by another blogger which turned out to be a nail sticker and not freehand:

    http://365daysofcolor.blogspot.com/2012/01/day-one-hundred-three-glitter-stickers.html

    My attempt is not identical but I love it too. I can see myself wearing this again but perhaps not with the Zoya base, maybe Nubar Classic Camel next time.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is seriously amazing, im in love with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sunny for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete